Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Diaphram carb.

Visiting Guest

07-14-02, 08:50 PM   #1  
J A Boggan
Diaphram carb.

Are these small Walbro or Zama diaphram carburators just finicky to rebuild or what? I like to rebuild a carburator and have it to work! But on these small carburators, my batting average is pretty low. Can anyone give me some ideas or tips. I have been told that you needed to keep the area in which you rebuild them almost "operating room clean".

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

07-14-02, 09:02 PM   #2  
Cleanliness is imporatnt. Also, the ports and holes in these carbs can get clogged and are sometimes very hard to clear out. I use about 100 psi compressed air with a rubber tipped nozzle to clean them out. Blow it through every passage you can find. Use carb cleaner too, and replace all gaskets and diaphragms. Also, on 2 strokes, there are many other problems that can create symptoms of a bad carb. Like restricted in-tank filters, gas caps, crankcase ports, exhaust, fuel lines, check valves in the primer assy. and worn rings.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread