Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

carb

Visiting Guest

07-15-02, 01:17 PM   #1  
Spanky
carb

my lawn tractor has a 11Hp B&S Engine. I just rebuld the carbnow when i try to start it keep's pop pop pop it seen it is trying to start but it won't. Tha popping sound like a gun going off no matter what I try to do Pleaseeeeeeeeeeee Help Iam about to take this tractor and run it over with my truck. the carb has all new parts on it. Only thing Iam not to sure about was the float I was very careful when I put it back together so again please help because grass is about 8" tall an my wife is about to kick my butt.

Sal

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

07-15-02, 09:48 PM   #2  
Change the spark plug. It sounds like it got fouled with wet gas. The float should be set as follows: Remove the carb, take off the bowl, turn the carb upside down. The float should be paralell to the carburetor. If it needs adjustment, bend the tab that holds the needle up or down, a little at a time, as needed. Unless this is the newer type carb with the plastic float. Then you cannot adjust it.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread