Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Push or Values

Visiting Guest

07-16-02, 10:08 AM   #1  
Spanky
Push or Values

Hi my B&S 11hp engine when I try to start the flywheel spins and tryes to start then the stops spinning my friend said either my push rob is bent or the value are bent because of the the poping coming out of the carb is true. please help is worth it to have the rod and values repaired or is it something that I can do my self or do I need special tools for this job. Or should put this lawn tractor down in lawn tractor hevean thanks

Sal

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

07-16-02, 07:35 PM   #2  
The engine turns for awhile and then stops? Do I have that right? The push rod is not bent....it doesn't have push rods. Also, the chances of your valves being bent is slim. To begin diagnosing your problem, I need to know if the engine turns over completely when cranking, and will it turn over several times. Then, when it stops turning, can you turn it by hand?

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Visiting Guest

07-17-02, 04:39 AM   #3  
Spanky
turn over

Hi No it will not turnover it just keeps spining and then it pop and puff of white smoke will out the carb. when I put the filter back on and put the cover on the poping and a puff of white smoke come out the muffle.but it will not start at all before I rebuild the carb it sat in my yard for about a year and half. and before did any thing to it about a week ago I bought a new battery for put it in 2 tries it started right up, then the next day it would start at all ever since then no start. when I turn the adjusting nut under the float it pops louder please help

sal

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

07-17-02, 08:15 PM   #4  
take out the spark plug and look at it. If it is wet, I think your carburetor is probably flooding due to a leaking needle and seat, or a bad float. Change the spark plug too, as it is probably gas soaked. Also check the oil. If it is thin and smells like gas, change it.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread