small tractor repair

Old 07-18-02, 08:38 AM
farmer jack
Visiting Guest
small tractor repair

hi i am having trouble with an allis chalmers 900 series garden tractor.the rear axel was broken and i am trying to replace it.it would appear that the right side where the differential goes there is a space between the retaining ring and the gear that goes into to the differential.space is too great and leaves a space that will allow the retaining keys to fly out when run.anyone know the correct distance between the retaining ring and the center of the keyway in inches.

Old 07-20-02, 08:21 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello jcb. Welcome to our Small Engine forum.

If I understand your question correctly, the part is called a spacer or retainer ring. These parts are or should be easily available at the local dealers or small engine repair shops, depending upon the tractors year of manufacture.

You may have so luck online at the manufacturers web site and or by calling Allis Chalmers customer service phone number.

The other resident small engine service and repair professionals may offer additional suggestions, advice & help.

Check back on your topic several times for additional replies.

Regards and Good Luck, Small Engine Forum Host & Moderator
Tom_Bart.....TCB4U2B2B.....Company Enterprises.
Fast...Fair...Friendly & Highly Efficient Services....
"Accurate Power Equipment Company"
Small Engine Diagnostics Services and Repair.

During installations of some parts which may not fit exactly perfect, it may be necessary to apply "BRUTE" force in order to compel compliance......... {....just humor folks... }

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: