Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Parts & Service Manual Sources

Visiting Guest

07-18-02, 12:35 AM   #1  
Kilowatt
Parts for Tecumseh TVS840

I have a Clipper 21" mulching mower, model 21405P-2 with a Tecumseh TVS840 4hp 2 cycle engine. The engine is very hard to start, and dies in a few seconds when it does start. It needs an overhaul. There is not one good gasket on the whole machine, the primer button is rotten, and it could use new rings. I'm wondering about the reed valve too.

I have looked everywhere for a gasket set, carb kit, and rings for it, and have come up empty. All the engine dealerships I've gone to either don't have Tecumseh parts, or used to but don't anymore. Neither Sears or NAPA have parts for this engine, the Sears people didn't even believe me when I told them it existed. I have searched long and hard on the internet, and all I've found is a PTO end oil seal, air filter, service manual (exclusive to the TVS840 and HSK/HXL 845/850 engines), and some rings that may or may not be compatible (TVXL840). It may actually run if I put it back together with gasket sealer and the proper armature gap setting (it was set at nearly 1/16" when I got it, but it still had a spark), but It could sure use some new parts.

Where can I get parts for this engine?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Admin Emeritus

CAL

07-18-02, 03:36 AM   #2  
Parts Sources

Hello: Kilowatt

Potential Part Sources:

BILLIOU'S 1-209-784-4102

L.S.THORPE CO. INC. 1-617-776-2445

Disclaimer:
I do not have any affiliations nor vested interests in either of these retail parts suppliers. Provided solely to assist with locating parts.

Other small engine service and repair professionals, replying within this forum, may be able to offer you additional locations and or sources to obtain manuals and or parts. Check back on your topic several times.

Regards and Good Luck.
Web Site Admin, Moderator Hiring Agent, Host and Forums Manager. Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics and Repair Technician. Fast, Fair, Friendly and Highly Proficient...

Don't Take Freedom For Granted. Thank A Veteran. Need an Employee? Hire a Veteran

Not only is a mind a terrible thing to waste, it's like a parachute.

It doesn't function until it's OPEN.........

Elvis. "The Sun Never Sets On A Legend."

Gun safety is using BOTH hands!

Driving Safety Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Search this Thread