Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

2 Cycle Engine Question

Visiting Guest

07-24-02, 12:07 PM   #1  
chukmac
maytag washer motor

My brother-in-law has a motor (engine?) from an old maytag washing machine- no machine just a two cycle-one cylinder engine. It runs now ---pop, pop, pop, until you put pressure on the flywheel, then it smooths out and gains rpms--just as it should. He is looking for an aircleaner and spark plug--just to have on hand. Plug has standard-sized threads I think, but where newer ones have porcelain, it is metal, and HUGE (maybe 1 1/4-1 1/2" diameter. Only writing on motor is: S233, and open/ close by air jet on carb.--no name, carb no's, plug no's,etc. Think he got it at a yard sale. Haven't had a chance to look at sites Jeff gave me yet. Will be home and on familar Dell and keyboard later this week and will look them up.

thanks,chuck

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

07-24-02, 07:40 PM   #2  
I have no idea of any supplier for these parts, but I have seen them on Ebay. You might check there. Maybe someone else will stop by and give you some useful info. Keep checking in.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Visiting Guest

07-24-02, 07:58 PM   #3  
Joe_F
I found a listing in Champion's spark plug book for Maytag.

It says:

Washing Machines, 1/2"-14" pipe heads, plug #25, gap .025".

14mm heads, plug #RJ12C, gap .025"

Barring any of those being right, call up Champion and ask. They may have been original equipment for it back in the day.

As for parts, call Maytag. They will refer you to some antique parts dealers. I'd gamble someone's got stuff lying around for this old beast.

There's a Maytag club on the Internet that caters to old things like this, look it up in Google.com

Visiting Guest

07-24-02, 09:43 PM   #4  
chukmac
Cheese and Joe--Thank for your help--have an e-mail in to Lee at "Old washers" now. willpost back when I hear fm him or find anything on E bay.
Thanks again Chuck

Visiting Guest

07-25-02, 06:39 AM   #5  
mikejmerritt
Hello chukmac, try this link and scroll to the bottom and choose the forum that would help most. http://www.asecc.com/ I would say Technical or General would get you some answers and Classified if you want to post a Wanted to Buy.....Mike

Search this Thread