how to remove latex paint from clothes

Old 08-15-02, 08:25 AM
drliu
Visiting Guest
Angry how to remove latex paint from clothes

hello,

unfortunately we got a few specks of paint on a pair of new khaki dress pants. We tried goo off, paint thinner and soaking the pants - does anyone know a good formula to take this off?

thanks!

Old 08-21-02, 06:41 AM
kva
Visiting Guest
latex paint on clothes

The best product I've found is called "OOPS" All Purpose Remover made by Homax in Bellingham Washington. It will dissolve dried latex medium... however, the pigment may still leave a stain.. follow directions carefully. I bought it at Porter Paints.

Old 10-24-02, 12:21 PM
debbirenec
Visiting Guest
You can try this as a last ditch effort depending on how the pants are stained and the fabric. I have had mixed levels of success in the past, some completely successful.

Just use an emory board and light sand off the paint. Be careful how much you sand so that you don't make a hole in the fabric. This has also worked for me on a wool skirt and a cotton shirt which were scorched with an iron.

Old 10-24-02, 03:11 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Lacquer thinner will dissolve latex paint.

Old 11-02-02, 12:07 PM
TheUglyMug
Visiting Guest
I'm with kva. I have used oops many times on all types of stains and it is great. I keep a container of oops painters swipes under the kitchen sink and it has saved my butt many a time.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: