Design painting

Old 08-24-02, 07:32 AM
kiteflyr
Visiting Guest
Question Design painting

I am painting native Indian striping on my living room walls.
When I pulled the tape off that I had so carefully put up so that I would have straight clean lines between my color's, I found that is not what happened. some of the color had run under tape. What can I do to fix this, and prevent it from happening on the wall's that I haven't started on yet? I will be very thankful for all the help I can get.

Old 08-30-02, 03:30 PM
coobie
Visiting Guest
Make sure you are using the blue painters tape. When you put the tape up use some type of straight-edge to make sure that the tape is firmly in place. I am not sure how you are applying the paint, brush or roller, but what I have done, is use a brush to do the area along the tape, make sure you do not overload your brush with paint. after you have used the brush along the edges of the tape, you can use a roller on the inside of the stripe or whatever your design. I also have had trouble with the paint peeling when I removed the tape, so I usually do not wait until the paint is totally dry, but you can test it and see which way you would rather do it.
Hope this helps!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: