Running Paint Stain?

Old 11-06-02, 12:30 PM
Rose Song
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Running Paint Stain?

We just repainted the exterior of our house, but noticed that some areas have stain-like running, somewhat sticky with color. I used Behr paint (light yellow) and that runny stain is darker than my actual paint color. I am able to clean these with wet cloth, but it seems to continue after a while. What causes this problem and how can I get rid of this problem?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-02, 06:24 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If the paint has been up more than 24 hours and will still wipe off with a damp cloth, there's a problem. Maybe poorly mixed paint. Assuming that the house was freshly washed and allowed to dry thoroughly before you started painting, the paint should perform as expected. Unless the paint is defective. If the house was not dry, then it may be water draining out from under the laps in your siding, but that would not be darker in color. If there were chunks of paint in the paint, and they were trapped somewhere, they might not have dried; and are drooling out.

If yo have any remaining paint in the can, take it back to the point of purchase and talk to the vendor.