Latex Interior Semi-Gloss Paint/Latex ENAMEL Interior Semi-Gloss Paint?

Old 12-07-02, 04:59 PM
l8rg8r
Visiting Guest
Question Latex Interior Semi-Gloss Paint/Latex ENAMEL Interior Semi-Gloss Paint?

I don't know what the difference is between Latex Interior Semi-Gloss Paint and Latex ENAMEL Interior Semi-Gloss Paint, and I really need to. I'm painting my daughter's bedroom and told the paint store salesman that I need flat latex for the walls and semi-gloss for the trim and doors. Since the trim is pure white, I just took what he told me would cover well. That was the Latex Enamel Interior Semi-Gloss Paint. Then I went back for another gallon and a different salesman sold me the Latex Interior Semi-Gloss Paint (no enamel), which I didn't notice til I got it home. So can somebody out there please tell me the difference between the two and, if it matters, which one is better on interior wood trim and doors that have been primed because the color I'm painting over requires it?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-02, 11:11 AM
Pocket Painter
Visiting Guest
Enamel is actually the hardness of a paint`s finish. There are oil enamels and latex enamels. The two products you have mentioned are the same.

Enamel is telling you that it has a sheen, great for doors, trim and so on. Either one will work fine with no complications.

One thing, check the colors of both. They may be the same product but one may have a slightly varying color of pure white than the other.