Change lighting and have your wall colors look great!

Old 12-11-02, 07:36 PM
Cynthi03
Visiting Guest
Change lighting and have your wall colors look great!

I have recently redecorated my living room. I work for GE, so after painting my walls, I also tried our new light bulb called Reveal. This bulb worked really well for me, the colors in my room come out so much more vibrant and everything looks so clean!

Just wanted to share this inexpensive home makeover secret with you! Has anyone similar tips on how to achieve great results with little effort?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-02, 08:48 PM
bungalow jeff
Visiting Guest
I don't know, it sounds like it would show off my bumpy wall patches too much.

Old 12-13-02, 10:38 AM
Jake Mitchell
Visiting Guest
Reveal

Yeah I remodeled my bathroom and installed a ceiling fan with a light fixture kit. I used the Reveals and I love them.

Old 12-13-02, 11:21 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I too, would be afraid of what it would 'reveal'

Do they make one called 'hide'?

I recently redid my bathroom and took great pains to make the walls smooth, and the paint nice. I installed a 3 bulb (exposed, clear) fixture. The light that it casts makes the walls appear to have wet streaks. I've never checked into the Reveal bulbs, but would this elimate the 'streak' look of light casted?

kay

Old 12-13-02, 11:35 AM
Jake Mitchell
Visiting Guest
Reveal

The Reveal lights seem to dull the glare that regular light bulbs cast. A much cleaner look. Brings out the true color. It's kind of like peope saying "I dont need glasses". But when they do get glasses, they say "Wow, those trees have leaves". I tell you if u try them out, you wont use any other.

Old 12-13-02, 11:39 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I will try them then. The color that I painted the walls looks better at different times of the day than others, too. Its a really pretty color, but not all the time. Maybe the lighting is the problem.

Thanks for the tip.

Kay