Water stains on freshly painted wall

Old 12-13-02, 07:27 AM
Cox
Visiting Guest
Water stains on freshly painted wall

Hi y'all, I have recently painted a new bathroom in our basement with Duron Plastic Kote eggshell paint. This bathroon doesn't have a shower so I assumed that eggshell would be safe but some water from the sink splashed onto the walls and now there are noticeable stains where the water ran down the wall. I don't understand this as our kitchen is also painted with eggshell and the wall behind the sink in the kitchen has had many water splashes and never once has it stained. Any ideas as to why this happened in the bathroom and also any ideas as how to get rid of these stains without repainting? Uggghhh!!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-02, 07:25 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How long has the paint been up? Latex paint needs about 7 days to harden completely. Sometimes the water spots in latex will go away as they evaporate.

Old 12-13-02, 10:54 PM
Cox
Visiting Guest
Chfite, Thanks for the response. The final coat went on about 2 wks ago. It is a new bathroom w/drywall, 2 coats of primer and 2 coats of the eggshell. The walls got splashed when installing a new sink a few days ago and I also thought that they would disappear after a few hours or so once the water dried. BUT, it has been about 3 days now and the water stains/streaks are still quite visible. Any ideas as to why??

Old 12-14-02, 02:38 AM
C
Have you talked to the manufacturer?

Old 12-14-02, 03:04 AM
T
Water stains on paint

I read the Tech Notes at www.duron.com. It appears that it takes a month for the eggshell Plastic Kote to cure because they say to wait one month before washing. They did not advise touch up because it probably would not blend.