high open foyer

Old 12-13-02, 11:30 AM
bamf
Visiting Guest
high open foyer

Hi,
I have a high open foyer I need to paint. This is also where the stairs to the 2nd floor are. I'm looking for something to get myself up there. A ladder will work for some of the area, but not where the stairs are. I know there is some sort of lift available, but I'm not sure what it is exactly.
Any ideas?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-02, 09:13 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Re: high open foyer

I had a similar problem. I purchased an adjustable ladder that allowed me to set it up on the stairs. I dont know how high your ceilings are, but this might be an option. It wasnt the most stable situation, but it did work. You can find a similar ladder at www.ladders.com. There are several manufactures who make these. Hope this helps.

Old 12-22-02, 06:28 AM
pure_country
Visiting Guest
We use a step tool which allows you to set up a extension ladder.they are sold at all local sherwin williams stores here and work wonders for many other uses as welll as a stair tool.

Old 12-23-02, 09:27 PM
insainity
Visiting Guest
I use an extention ladder laid aginst the wall sitting on one of the steps then lay a 2x6 or 2x8 pine board to use as a walk board across one of the ladder runs and the other end on the bottom step of a step ladder on the uperstairs floor.
Be careful after your on the walk board jump around and check it before you get way out there.Also make sure you walk board is not split or cracked and knot hole fee as posible.The wider the board the less spring it will have 2x8 works best for me 2x10 would be nice but very heavy.Make sure you measure to see how long of a walk board you need usally 12 to 14 foot i think.You can also rent an alluminum walk board.
Do not set up the extention ladder at to steep of an angle to the wall it will alow the walk board to move back and forth as you walk on it.Just guessing id say i set it on about 4or 5steps back from under the downstairs ceiling/wall.

Hope every one can figure out what im talking about.This is the only way ive found other than they do sell a brush holder that goes on the end of a rolling pole but its more mess than its worth.

This is more stable than an adjustalbe step tool on a ladder.And once set up you can cut in the hole ceiling line and roll down some also.

Old 12-24-02, 07:38 AM
bamf
Visiting Guest
Thanks for all your advice!

Merry Christmas!