Painting

Old 12-13-02, 04:06 PM
JENGA
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Painting

I want to paint my living room over. Don't know what color to choose yet. I need some ideas. My furniture is leather burgandy and my tables and entertainment center is black. Carpet is mauve color. So what color do I do my walls? I need a change. Should the walls be light or dark colors and what colors?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-02, 06:30 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I've heard that with dark furniture use light colored walls and vice versa.

Something that I've tried that seems to work well as in color choice is to pick a favorite piece of artwork or knick knack and pull the colors and theme from there. Gives you a good starting point.

Kay

Old 12-13-02, 08:34 PM
bungalow jeff
Visiting Guest
I wouldn't use light paint with the dark furniture because the stark contrast would be extreme. A warmer, neutral color like tan (mocha for the designers out there) will blend in with the dark items and be less distracting. This is the logic used in rooms with alot of woodwork (like and A&C style house).

Old 12-13-02, 08:51 PM
Im glad that you posted about that. I hear that on tv all the time (light/dark dark/light), but I'm not sure that I would want a huge contrast. I like the mocha color. Seems to go with almost anything but isn't your average tan (which seems to be pinkish in hue) but leans more toward brown.

Kay

Old 12-14-02, 03:09 AM
T
Choosing paint color

Mocha sounds marvelous. I live in a a rental where all the walls are antique white. My landlord says I can paint as long as I use antique white. It's clean but boring.