Painting Ceiling

Old 12-28-02, 07:03 AM
Wwitchywoman34
Visiting Guest
Question Painting Ceiling

I am getting ready to paint my 15x16 bedroom navy blue, my carpet is burgundy. My ceiling and woodwork is currently white. I was thinking about painting my ceiling navy also and leaving the white trim. My furniture is light to mediam oak. Do you think this would look okay?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-02, 09:43 PM
DIYDutch
Visiting Guest
I'm not a professional designer but would think that the white would contrast sharply with the navy and unless you want to draw attention to the corners, I'd either paint them the same navy (a lot easier painting too) or match them a similar color to the woodwork. Depends on the baseboards and the rest of the house too.

Just my 2 cents!

Old 12-29-02, 02:39 AM
edtree
Visiting Guest
The colors you're describing would look fine, I believe, but I think I would stick to the white ceiling instead of going with the navy up there. The navy, burgundy, and white could be co-ordinated nicely with perhaps floral print window treatments and/or bedspread.

Good luck with your project!

Elizabeth

Old 12-31-02, 04:07 PM
insainity
Visiting Guest
A dark color on the ceiling will make it look lower than it is.And will be a bogger to paint back white later.I once seen a full black room it would have made decorater faint.
Now i did do a burgandy liveing room with a double tray ceiling that was 16ft and the owner wanted the top secton of the ceiling blue and it looked sweat but there was lots more white than blue.But if its a flat ceiling i would think long and hard about it.Its going to be hard to go back white.

Old 01-02-03, 05:52 AM
Wwitchywoman34
Visiting Guest
Talking

Well, I painted my bedroom navy. and left the ceiling white with white trimming around the room and IT LOOKS GREAT! I love it. Thanks for all the advice. Happy New Year!