Painting polished metal

Old 12-30-02, 10:57 AM
catlady2
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Painting polished metal

I have a gas fireplace with a polished brass metal trim. I want to change the colour of metal to maybe silver or pewter, without paying $300 to get new ones. Does anyone have any ideas on the best way to do this? Are ther special paints for painting over or changing metals colours?
Thanks!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-02, 03:39 PM
insainity
Visiting Guest
I never heard of any.But if you paint it you can try some high temperture spray paint from auto zone limited colors but i have recently seen silver i think.just lighty ruff it up with 220 grit sand paper.Cation theres no going back after sanding.Normail paint may not last long in the heat.I touch up or repaint black gas fireplaces all the time.Just mask ever thing off and cover the floor for atlest ten feet away you would be surpriced how far the over spray will get.If you should happen to get it on some thing or you dont like it laqer thinner will melt it.just rub it off with a rag dappened with it.Carful it will melt many things including the backing on carpet.And it hard on skin to.Wear gloves.

I paid good money to do as much brass on my house as possible and your trying to get rid of yours.LOL