MAB Paint Quality?

Old 01-03-03, 06:22 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
MAB Paint Quality?

Anyone have any thoughts on MAB Paints? There is a store right near my house, much closer than the Sherwin Williams. We planned on using the SW Super Paint, but are open to suggestions on other quality products.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-03, 12:56 AM
insainity
Visiting Guest
Ive never used there interior paint but there exsterior semi gloss covers good but ive seen it oxadide in only a year and really bad after two years.But the interior is total different blend and could do great.Ive heard they have good paint.
Never used Sherwin Williams but i can say they lost a lot of business to Farrel Calhouns as did Porter when they built there store here two years ago.Also M.A.B. went out of bisness here shortly after. I think due to Farrels also.So there must be something to it.
All these are latex !
The best allaround paint ive used is Farrel Calhouns great exterior the best.And the best interior.There Premium grade flat is only 55 dollars a 5 gallon bucket.Not sure per gallon?And is washable.And it still touches up.But if you use a dark color save back some straight paint for later touch ups.Thin down with a little water what ever your going to use at the time.Ive used it for two years now and let me tell you it is awsum.No problems at all.Its right every time.
Stay clear of porter for flat wall paint it does not touch up after a month! But i do use there interior semi gloss.High Hide is the brand i use.Its the highest cost 20 bucks a gallon, but it works the best.

For oil i also use Farrels Calhoun!

Rollor nap recomendation use a 1/2 or 3/4 (50/50% Wooster) If used properally i can roll two houses with one nap.Keep it loaded with paint and try not to dry roll. Also i prefure there brushes.

Old 01-11-03, 02:15 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I've used MAB's exterior elastomeric paint covering for stucco and am very pleased with it. However I am a believer in Benjamin Moore paints for both exterior and interior use. BM's full acrylic exterior paint is hard to beat. Very impressive!

Kooter