painting over recently painted ceiling

Old 01-06-03, 09:19 AM
mgazer
Visiting Guest
painting over recently painted ceiling

I had our kitchen painted about 1.5 years ago and I noticed a rather large set of cracks on the ceiling which I would like to repair... Can I tape/patch these cracks and simply re-paint over the area or do I need to re-paint the ENTIRE ceiling??? It is a large area and given that I just paid a guy relatively recently, I don't want to have to re-do the entire ceiling..
My wife contends that if I only spot-paint, the patch will be noticeable as the paint won't match 100%...
Thanks,

Also, is there any rule of thumb whereby if you get cracks after having something painted, you can resonably expect the painter to fix it for free???

Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-03, 07:34 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Spot painting likely won't match, but give it a shot.

Old 01-11-03, 03:02 AM
insainity
Visiting Guest
Im a painter and if i liked you a hole lot.LOL id fix it for a small trip fee because it will take to trips.He might remember what paint he used and what tint.And it might touch up.I use the same tint and brand cieling paint on every job because of this and some do touch up.I just touched my kitchen ceiling up after 2 years and it did match perfect.Now i am suprised sence it was the kitchen usally burnt greese and meals ruin that ceiling quickly.You might be as lucky if you find the brand and tint.Most likly he had a drop of tint added to it to make it cover better.If not he may not charge much to run it agin.

Ughhum warning food fights may lead to some food stuck to the ceiling.