painting stripes


Old 01-10-03, 05:38 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
painting stripes

o.k. I have a dumb question. What is a chaulk line and how do I use it. I am planning to paint vertical stripes in my bedroom and someone told me to do that. But I dont know what it means. Thanks anyone for your help.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-03, 07:12 PM
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Taylors, SC
Posts: 9,483
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
A chalk line is a string in a can of chalk. You pull the string out, lock it in place and hang the can from the string to find a vertical. With the string pulled taut, lift the line away from the wall a bit and let it go. It will make a straight line on the wall in the chalk.

Chalk will not take paint, and it nearly impossible to remove from a porous surface.

If you want to mark vertical lines on a wall, use a 4 foot level and a pencil. You can always erase the pencil lines if you don't need them.

If only the new laser level thing that they promote for hanging pictures would work vertically, then you would have something.
Old 01-11-03, 08:16 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Thank you for detailed reply. I think I will take your advice and stick with the level and pencil.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title: