Decorating boys' bedroom

Old 01-13-03, 10:07 AM
nkrz
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Decorating boys' bedroom

Come spring I will be repainting my two sons bedroom. The color I'm not real sure on yet, but I would like to do a border that both boys would like. My one son is eleven, the other is seven. The seven year old really couldn't care what his room is decorated like right now, but I thought of perhaps taking cd's and somehow using them as a border on their wall. The eleven year old thought that it would be neat, but how would I attach them without destroying the wall if I change my mind later on down the road and want to do something different? Any info would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-03, 12:56 PM
annie0
Visiting Guest
If you'd like to use actual cd's to decorate as a border and need to be able to remove them later....I would put a thin chair rail up at the desired heighth then attach the cd's to that. This way even the chair rail came come off later and you'll only have small nail holes to fill before repainting.
This will also allow you to choose 2 colors for the room ;-) Darker tone on bottom, and a lighter tone on top. A friend of mine just did this for her two boys:
She painted the upper half of the room white. Painted the bottom half black.
Put up a 'roadsign' border (bright colors of signs we see everyday) Then on the bottom of the wall (black area) she used actual pieces of a tire to apply tire tracks and 'skids' - the boys LOVE it.
....The possibilities are endless....