waterproofing products

Old 01-18-03, 04:17 PM
KSS
Visiting Guest
waterproofing products

I am about to start my renovation in the basement. I want to try and seal the walls the best I can from the inside. What type of products do I use. I need names and where to get them. I live in Southern Ontario Canada. Any specfic names or types wouyld be much appreciated.

Thanks

KSS

Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-03, 07:04 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
KSS,

The below link is for Home Depot - Drylok product.

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...t=Drylok&DRC=4

Good Luck in your project!

Old 01-18-03, 08:36 PM
KSS
Visiting Guest
The dryloc looks good but my walls are painted with some sort of paint over the parging material that was put on over the block foundation walls. It says you should remove the old paint but this seems impractical. Can I put this stuff over the older paint. It is in good shape and not flaking off the walls.

KSS

Old 01-18-03, 08:56 PM
KSS,

Since your walls are painted with something, it might even be a waterproffing type material, as long as it is in good shape and not flaking, you could put this over it.

My concern would be that if you don't know what it is that's on there now, the Drylok may not be adviseable as it penetrates the pours of the concrete/masonry and gets additional bonding from this.

If the basement is dry and you have not expereinced any problems, maybe you should forego this application altogether. I agree that stripping the walls would be impractical and a waste of time and money. As long as you are comfortable with the basement walls, go ahead and start your project as you outlined.

Hope this helps!

Old 01-18-03, 08:59 PM
KSS
Visiting Guest
I am pretty sure its not a waterproofer material now but rather just an oil based paint of some sort. Do you think I could put this stuff over it anyway?

KSS

Old 01-18-03, 09:16 PM
KSS,

I know it is a gamble but I know that this stuff adheres very well to pretty much everything. I know when I have used it, it takes awhile to get it off my hands! I say,go ahead but I am not as confident so I will repost this in Decorate under Painting. I would hope for some good input from there.

Let's see what they say!