Restaining Old Pine Tounge And Groove Paneling

Old 01-19-03, 04:10 PM
DHANSON
Visiting Guest
Restaining Old Pine Tounge And Groove Paneling

THE PREVIOUS OWNER OF THIS HOUSE COVERED THE OLD PINE TOUNGE AND GROOVE PANELING WITH DRYWALL AND PAINT AND WALL PAPER, I HAVE REMOVED ALL THE DRYWALL AND WOULD LIKE TO SAND AND REFINISH THE PINE PANELING. MY WIFE WANTS SOME COLOR ADDED TO THE ROOM BUT SHE LIKES A LOT OFF LIGHT SO HOW CAN I GET THE PANELING LIGHTER AND ADD SOME COLOR TOO.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-03, 04:29 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You could paint the paneling. It looks quite nice.

Old 01-19-03, 05:59 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Pine paneling (and cabinets) dating from the 50's were finished with amber shellac- which both gives a finish coat as well as a yellow/orange color to the wood.

Old 01-29-03, 04:42 PM
noni
Visiting Guest
pine panelling

I have original pine panelling in my house which I have ALWAYS had a decorating problem. First of all, I don't like orange walls, ANYWHERE. Maybe in a child's room because it wipes down good. In the future, I plan on painting the paneling, but first, you must use a primer, etc that will take the shellac gloss off the paneling. If you are wanting to keep the paneling its original color, you will have to mix color in your finish and redo all of it. If you have bad places in paneling, the colors may not match.
Good luck. You can have mine. LOL