Paint sprayers

Old 01-24-03, 07:24 AM
ch0we
Visiting Guest
Paint sprayers

I've read several comments regarding HVLP versus conventional air versus airless sprayers. I'm about to refinish my kitchen and bathroom cabinets and would like to know which type of sprayer would be the most practical. I have not found a rental place that rents HVLP. I'm going to use a high gloss latex paint that would probably need thinning. So these are what I think my options are:

1 Rent a large Graco airless sprayer and change the srapy tip?

2. Rent a compressor and buy a sprayer? If so what type of sprayer would you recommend?

3. Buy a cheaper HVLP? The one they sell (Campbell Hausfeld) at home depot is about $170?

Old 01-24-03, 06:19 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I have been using HVLP for more than a decade.

HVLP is a wonderful, easily controlled, high efficiency system that will spray almost anything that will pour.

The $170 for the campbell hausfield rig would not even pay for a decent turbine-compressor. You get what you pay for.

It seems unlikely that anyone will rent a HVLP rig, because so much money is tied up in the gun. Beside, most everyone thinks of the high pressure airless rigs when they think of spraying.

I cannot address airless spraying, as I have never used it.

Old 01-24-03, 08:49 PM
insainity
Visiting Guest
Yep rent a Graco and get a new 211 tip.And yes depending on the sprayer you might have to thin the paint.But try it straight before.Most large units like they rent will run it straight.If not just add a bit of water and your off.I would get a piece of plywood to practice on first.Spraying does take some pratice.Also you might keep a brush handy a brush stroke will look better than a run.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: