Painting Clouds on the Ceiling

Old 02-14-03, 11:32 AM
ANordin101
Visiting Guest
Question Painting Clouds on the Ceiling

Hi. I saw a home-improvement commercial a few years ago and ever since have been trying to find out how to duplicate what they did to their ceiling. It was painted sky blue with beautiful white clouds. I am moving into a new place and want to do this in a 12 x 9.5 foot bedroom. Is anyone familiar with how to do this? Do they make kits for it? Any help will be greatly appreciated. I've earmarked next Thursday as "paint the ceiling day". Thanks!

Old 02-14-03, 11:50 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
See the post "Kid's Bedrooom" in the Painting Forum. Perhaps this will help.

Old 02-15-03, 06:51 AM
mikejmerritt
Visiting Guest
Hello ANordin101, I'm no faux artist but have based many ceilings various shades of blue for artists to put clouds on. Some come in with 5-6 quarts of paint from near white to a deep grayish and applied with sponges and blending brushes. Others have a near white and a deep gray and make many shades of cloud like colors by mixing the gray into 5-6 bowls of white in various strengths. This method would be easier on the pocket funds and the results seem about the same. Take a look at the Windows 98 "Clouds" wallpaper if you have it. It shows how the white in the middle of the clouds feathers out to a wispy sort of gray at the edges....Mike

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: