Help....want to paint harlequin diamonds

Old 02-24-03, 03:04 PM
lani
Visiting Guest
Question Help....want to paint harlequin diamonds

I would like to know if there are any tricks to painting harlequin diamonds on the wall before I get started. I have picked out the 2 colors I will be using (pale pink, and a darker pink). I really don't know how to measure these things out. I have heard that you need to start from the middle of the wall that way both ends will end up the same (hopefully). I would appreciate any advice.
Thanks,
Lani

Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-03, 04:13 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I don't know what a harlequin diamond is, but starting from the middle, having measured the wall for the optimum size is a good idea. Someone else was painting diamonds on the wall a couple of weeks ago.

Hope this helps.

Old 02-26-03, 02:56 PM
ssimon
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up Harlequin Diamond Pattern

I have done this a few times and the directions I liked best were from the Paint Decor magazine, Spring 2001.
* Determine best size diamonds using wall measurement and calculator. Make your diamond height and width divisable into your wall height and width. (Ex: 8' high walls can have 8-1' diamonds, 4-2' diamonds, 2-4' diamonds, etc.) To make small room seem larger, create a large diamond pattern. I usually sketch out a relational sized wall on a sheet of grid paper and draw in my diamonds so I can see if I have the shape feel I want for the room. (Not too fat or "boxy" a look, not too small or too big) The more contrasting your colors are will make this stand out more and therefore more important to the overall look of the room.
* Across top and bottom of each wall measure and mark the width of each diamond. Along each wall corner mark the diamond height. Stretch and snap chalk lines on the marks to create diamond grid. Use carpenter's square and level to check work as you progress.
* If you have measured your walls and made your diamond size to fit, then you can start your pattern in one corner and the grid will fit the wall.