Texture paint

Old 03-11-03, 07:52 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Texture paint

I have removed 24 year old wallpaper from my bathroom wall. The walls were not primed before the paper was put up, but the paper came down easily and left no holes. Unfortunately, the paper did leave dry, flaky glue residue on the wall, with the exception of places that had been mudded over drywall tape.

We have tried to remove the old glue residue to no avail. (remover, scraping, sanding)

We have finally decided to go with texture paint. (Behr)
I called the 1-800 number on the paint can, and asked if we had to remove the old glue resiue first...she stated no, just use a good oil-based primer, then apply the texture paint. Anyone want to tell me if that will work and if they have any experience with this sort of question? Don't want a mess here! Thanks for any input.

tlcthomas

Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-03, 09:50 AM
Dominic-is
Visiting Guest
I had the same problem in my bathroom, and after I peeled the wallpaper, I used DIF to remove the glue. It's a good product. I mixed it as per the instructions and then used a spray bottle to apply it and scraped the glue off with a plastic scraper.
Then I wiped the walls with a sponge and a mixture of vinegar and hot water 3 parts water, 1 part vinegar, to remove the sizing (old glue) and then wiped the walls with a hot damp sponge to get whatever was left. Prime, and paint. Worked great.