chalkboard paint

Old 04-22-03, 06:15 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
chalkboard paint

Has anyone ever tried chalkboard paint? We want to have a chalkboard in our kitchen. I don't know if we'd be able to find a chalkboard anywhere, and I heard that they have paint that can turn a wall into a chalkboard. I'm wondering if this actually works, and do you just paint it right onto the drywall?

Old 04-22-03, 10:43 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
It is true. It actually works. We had an entire wall as a chalk board, when I was a boy. It was great. Just paint it on.

According to a brief web search, Benjamin Moore sells this product. I imagine that others do, too.

Old 04-24-03, 02:59 AM
mikejmerritt
Visiting Guest
Crayola has this paint their line and it is sold at larger dept. stores around here....Mike

Old 04-26-03, 04:19 PM
insainity
Visiting Guest
I done my son's bedroom door in it,it was the spray paint kind.It worked pretty good but not like a real chalk board(hard to completly clean).The stuff Ben. Moore has can be applyed by a roller(i think).It might work better.

Walmart sells chalk boards,they are along side the bulleton boards,in the papper and pen area of the store.Id use one of these enstead.It would be a lot cheaper and not so permanent.

If you do paint it on you might consider triming around it,like a pitcher frame.Unless your plaining on doing the hole wall.
Look ma,a black wall.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: