painting exterior

Old 05-10-03, 10:13 AM
spffymffy
Visiting Guest
painting exterior

painting exterior of house its ok to use and aircompressor and regular spray gun
or should i buy a power painter or airless system or can i use hvlp with my compressor

Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-03, 06:46 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Yes. We can help with any other questions you may have on techniques and such.

Hope this helps.

Old 05-11-03, 05:01 PM
spffymffy
Visiting Guest
tips&techniques

thanks for your reply any tips on using spray gun with a compressor

Old 05-11-03, 06:17 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
High pressure spraying involves managing the considerable overspray. Practice is important with this technique. Although it is much lighter to spray, practicing with water can be a big help. Get some pointers on how adjustments are made to the gun, so you can feel more in control.

Old 05-11-03, 08:10 PM
Bernpa
Visiting Guest
And make sure you get good insurance (if you can find an insurance company that offers the coverage) Spraying outside without any overspray can be rather difficult if not impossible. Remember, all it takes is ONE small gust of wind to carry that paint over and onto the neighbor's car. One way to protect yourself is to create an enclosure to spray within. Good luck.

Old 05-12-03, 07:13 PM
insainity
Visiting Guest
You can also rent the air less sprayers.I do beleave they have less over spray the air guns,ive used.If you do rent one the tip sizes also make a great difference in the amount of paint that hits the surface and the amount of over spray.

I seen a guy painting a fence this weekend, he had a tarp nailed to a wood frame so his helper could hold it up on the other side of the fence to catch the over spray.Pretty slick,id have been paying for paint to bufffed off the neighbors cars.

Id also recomend a look around every now and then to make sure your not pianting something you shouldnt.My white truck has some black speckeles from a trailer i painted 100 yards away in my back yard.OOPs Glad it wasnt the neighbors car, i waited for them to leave for the day!