Painting lino bathroom floor or other options

Old 05-11-03, 12:29 PM
cheesensweets
Visiting Guest
Question Painting lino bathroom floor or other options

I have linoleum in my small master bathroom and am considering painting it since I do not like the color. It is in fairly decent condition. How do I go about doing this? Another option would be to cover the floor with indoor/outdoor carpeting or some type of rug but one that will not get stinky and moldy...if there is such a thing. I'm not interested in replacing the floor at this time - just want a simple "cover-up" for now. Any thoughts/suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-03, 03:06 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
All other things being equal, I would get a rug and just wash it periodically.

Old 05-12-03, 07:30 PM
insainity
Visiting Guest
I dont think any paint will stick to that stuff,not for very long anyway.You might look in the remanent bends at the floor cover stores or Lowes they sometimes have some top quality vinel flooring left from the end of the rolls thats can be had very cheap.And all you have to do is an over lay.You dont have to remove the orginal floor covering,if its not torn up.Just pull up the shoe molding(trim) and glue it down with the opriate adhesive.Or you might try the square ft shelf adhesive vinel tiles.They also have left over carpet cheap if you want to go that route.

Good luck!