trying to paint laundry room

Old 05-12-03, 01:19 PM
Ruth Garcia
Visiting Guest
Unhappy trying to paint laundry room

I'm trying to paint my laundry room. As I am applying the paint on the side of a shelf, the paint just drips off. Did I not mix the paint long enough? What could be my problem?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-03, 06:43 PM
insainity
Visiting Guest
Humm im not sure i follow you completely! So let me ask a question.Is it not covering and kinda beading up (showing the orginal color completley)as it runs/drips off.If so id guess the orginal finish is oil and you are apllying latex piant over it.If so you must ruff up the finish with sand papper(around 120 gritt) and primmer first,or use oil base finish paint.It may also be something spilled on the shelveing,like wash liquid or fabric softner.Try washing it with water and see if that helps.Or if you get soapy water off it.

Drips will sometimes happen on edges of shelveing,you may need to aplly thinner coats to aviod it driping and up to three to make it cover on an edge,if it a majior color difference.

Hopes this helps.If not feel free to go into more detail.And someone is sure to figure it out for you!Good Luck!

Old 05-12-03, 07:29 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If it has been more than a couple of weeks since the paint was shaken at the store, a trip back for this purpose will ensure that the paint is well mixed. Apply the coats thinly to avoid sags and runs.

You cleaned the surface prior to painting?

Hope this helps.