exterior painting

Old 05-18-03, 04:34 AM
badaddy
Visiting Guest
exterior painting

rain, rain and more rain and when it's not raining it's drizzling....selling my house and i need to paint the exterior woodwork. wanted to do it today but alas, it's raining (light showers). i know interior painting is okay in the rain....what about exterior??? I'll be using the normal exterior oil base paint, brilliant white. any advise greatly welcomed. thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-03, 05:54 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You can't use alkyd paint on wet surfaces. Rain falling on the uncured paint may cause problems. If you were using latex, your options would be different. Maybe the sun will shine soon.

HTH

Old 05-20-03, 04:32 PM
badaddy
Visiting Guest
Cool outside paint in the rain

Thanks for the advice. I deferred on the side of caution and your advise confirmed my choice. Sun finally reappeared on Monday (just in time to go back to work) so I painted yesterday and today and was able to get two coats on. Alas, rain forecast for tomorrow and off and on through next Saturday !! Last year we couldn't rent a drop of rain and this year it won't stop. We're still better off with our rain and showers than those poor folks in the mid-West, God Bless them.