Pressure Treated Wood?

Old 08-02-03, 04:57 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Pressure Treated Wood?

Hi,
I live in Mass,and just had a porch re-built using Pressure treated wood.I want to stain it,but have heard different things about waiting with this wood?Also can you tell me what you recomend,an solid color,or semi-transparent?I want to due a med grey color?The wood is fairly green in color now?Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-03, 09:12 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The wood should dry completely before staining. I would figure on at least a month from the time the wood was unloaded at your location. There will be fewer problems with the moisture in the wood, if you use latex products to finish it. For alkyd products, the wood will need to be competely dry to keep the finishing work from failing.

The looks that come from different types of stain are different. I don't pick colors. The solid color stain will look a lot more like paint in that the material lies on the surface. The semi-transparent has less solid material to lie on the surface, so that the effect is more subtle.

The green color of the wood will fade over time, with the part exposed to sun and rain fading first, faster.

Hope this helps.