painting a shower/tub enclosure

Old 09-24-03, 01:35 AM
k5ranger
Visiting Guest
Question painting a shower/tub enclosure

just curiuos if anyone has used any of the doit-yourself kits to change the color of their tubs? our tub enclosure is golden harvest and we want white. is it possible to do it myself without having to replace the assembly? just how long will it last if it's repainted?

Old 09-24-03, 04:51 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Never used a kit, but if prepped corectly and painted with 2 part epoxy, it will last a loooooong time.

Old 09-24-03, 06:32 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I have a friend who used this service and was quite satisfied.

http://www.miraclemethod.com/

Hope this helps.

Old 09-27-03, 03:16 PM
catwomanrnmn
Visiting Guest
Lightbulb Painting a shower/tub enclosure

I have used a do-it-yourself kit for doing what you have described. I have used a specialty product made by Rustoleum called the "Tub and Tile Refinishing Kit". It can be used on fiberglass. porcelain, acrylic, cast iron, steel and ceramic tile. I buy this product at Menard's. I used it on my ceramic tile kitchen backsplash.

I am not sure how long the finish lasts, but my tile has held up quite well! The prep is the hardest part, but is well worth it for the results. The product does come in white. The only thing about using it in the shower is that you cannot use the spray-on shower products like "Clean Shower" on the finish.

I was pleased with the product and would not hesitate to use it again.

Good luck with your project!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: