Painting in the rain?

Old 10-19-03, 05:41 PM
Jennifer Van de
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Painting in the rain?

Does anyone know any tips besides tenting yourself in for painting the exterior of your home in the rain or in damp weather? We have almost consistently damp weather from now through the next few months and want to paint our house to get it on the market...help Thanks so much!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-03, 05:51 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I don't paint many exteriors at all, but I can tell you that doing it in the rain, or in a very damp or humid situation, will be extremely difficult at best. The drying time of the paint will be drastically lengthened. And also, depending on where you live, if the dew point is such that dew is formed on all surfaces in the morning, it will NEVER dry. And if its slow drying, and you expect rain, you can't very well encase the house in plastic to keep it from washing off. Sorry, I don't think I can help you at all.

Old 10-20-03, 04:42 AM
B
damp won't hurt

You will probably be ok if it is just humid (damp). If using latex, humid is better than arid. If its really humid, you may just want to paint until early afternoon, then stop.

Don't paint if you expect rain that day.

What part of the country are you in?

Old 10-20-03, 06:58 AM
Jennifer Van de
Visiting Guest
We are in the Northwest

Old 10-21-03, 04:11 AM
B
Painting should be ok.

You should be ok to paint. I'd keep an eye on the weather. Don't paint if rain is expected. Also, its better of the temps are above 50. If the temp will dip below that, use a cold weather paint.