paint roller problem

Old 10-23-03, 09:08 AM
laurik1ke
Visiting Guest
paint roller problem

When I use my paint roller I am constantly having to push the paint roll back on to the roller. I usually push it back down before I load again with paint. Am I doing something wrong? I am using bargain rollers if that helps.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-03, 09:32 AM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
you are not doing anything wrong (I think). Some rollers do this some don not. Someone may say it is because you are using bargain rollers however I have done MANY jobs and use the best rollers I can get my hands on and this happens. It may not be the roller sleaves but actually the roller itself. If it is the kind that slips over wire than sometimes these wires can bend. Plastic types can break. Check your roller first. If it is in good shape than you at least know it is the sleaves you are using. I have had decent luck with Purdy roller sleaves and Sherwin Williams "professional grade" series. Good luck.

Old 10-23-03, 11:53 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Your roller frame may be worn out. If the wires bend, as they often do on cheap frames, the pads slide off. If you get a top quality one, it will work well for years.

Hope this helps.

Old 10-23-03, 08:42 PM
laurik1ke
Visiting Guest
roller problem

thanks for the info. I do think the roller frame is old and the ends are plastic, so that could very well be it. At least I have a routine where I don't get paint all over me anymore!