spray paint stain

Old 11-26-03, 04:56 PM
pokee
Visiting Guest
Unhappy spray paint stain

I was doing some touchups with spray apint, but sprayed it into an empy egg carton so I could just brush a bit on....the egg carton fell apart as the spraypaint is a solvent ( I didn't know that at the time) and the black paint dripped all over my grandmothers hand embroidered tablecloth (white) I have tried oxyclean, paint thinner, dishwasher soap and washing in machine with shout. It looks better, but not good enough to ever use again. PLEASE HELP! Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-03, 08:10 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You could try GOOP, Goof Off, Simple Green, etc., but black solvent spray paint on a white tablecloth, I think its probably shot.

Old 11-27-03, 10:05 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You could also try hair spray (the solvent in it may work), but the table cloth may be history.

So if it is don't just throw it away. The white prtions may be unusable, but do save the embroidered parts. Either frame them or make pillows out of them. Its the hand work that's really valuable.

You could either frame just the pieces in a collage, or add picture(s) of your grandmother and put in a nice frame. Maybe add her favorite poem or bible verse. It doesn't have to be small.