paint trim question

Old 11-27-03, 05:15 PM
tuckerdarla
Visiting Guest
paint trim question

above my cabinets I have wall paper, right under the wall paper I have trim. Okay, my question is how do you paint the trim without it getting it all over. I used tape above and bellow the trim but still the paint was uneven and bled. I painted the trim the same color as the cabinets doors, light purple. The color of the cabinets are white so the paint from the trim is totally obvious that it is not even.

I used a small brush for the small details and a purdy paint brush that is angled.

any suggestions

Thanks,
Darla

Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-03, 07:31 PM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool

If I understand you correctly your paint isnt adhering properly to the trim? And you might be either loading to much paint onto the brush or overbrushing as well? Try gently scuff sanding the trim first then wipe clean of dust. Use a one and a half inch or two inch brush like a Purdy XL glide or what have you. This site has a section in Interior Painting How to's on painting trim and woodwork which shows good technique. If the paint bleeds through the tape try doing it without the tape using a steady hand of course. If you feel better using tape you may need a higher tack tape but be careful what to use as to not tear off wallpaper after removal. Good luck

Old 11-27-03, 08:08 PM
tuckerdarla
Visiting Guest
Hi,

What I meant was that when I paint my trim which I think is quarter round?? the part of trim that is against the wall is hard to paint with out it getting on my white walls. I put tape on my wall but the purple paint goes under the tape.

thanks
Darla

Old 11-27-03, 09:11 PM
C
The plastic shields of the sort for painting against carpet work better for keeping the paint at bay. Keep a cloth dampened with the appropriate solvent handy for quick wiping once you move the shield and discover paint has leaked under it.

Old 11-28-03, 03:53 PM
B
best is just good technique

Best way is to use good technique and not fear the painting.
Use a top quality brush and paint with the tips. Too many h/o paint with the sides of the brush and not the tips.