painting int. windows in winter

Old 12-02-03, 07:26 AM
johntagler
Visiting Guest
Question painting int. windows in winter

I am painting interior windows that swing out (like a door) via a crank. I'm afraid the paint won't dry completly without sticking to the frame when I close the windows. Im using BM Aquaglo (latex). I'm wondering if anyone has any tricks to beating this problem effectively. I really don't want to have to come back in the spring. I was thinking maybe I can smear petroleum jelly where the peices meet, since I'm using latex they will not bond and thus not stick. Any thoughts?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-03, 12:41 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I have done the vaseline thing before, and it seems to work. No callbacks on them. I also have a small, portable, garage heater that I use too. I set the heater up in front of the windows being painted, and crank it up. Then I crank the window as 'closed' as possible, hoping the air escaping past them is hot enough to accelerate the drying time. And when spreading the vaseline, I used a VERY THIN glaze so as not to goop it up and keep it too wet at the contact point.

BTW when painting the windows in front of the heater, make sure to turn to the right and left so your tan will be even