faux finish on walls

Old 12-07-03, 11:11 AM
katelib
Visiting Guest
faux finish on walls

I have uneven walls that might benefit from a faux finish to camouflage the defects. There are a lot of techniques out there, but how would I get started with this project?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-03, 02:13 PM
mudder
Visiting Guest
you might try <a href="http://www.benjaminmoore.ca/howto/techniques.aspx"> here </a> benjamin moore how to techniques

MUDDER, please remove weblink/advertising from your signature line

Last edited by prowallguy; 12-07-03 at 04:29 PM.
Old 12-19-03, 08:16 PM
sharvel
Visiting Guest
I find ragging to be the easiest. Pick your colors.You could do this a few ways...darker glaze coat over a lighter base coat or vice versa. I find it more flexible using the darker base coat underneath then the lighter mixed glaze coat. Your base coat should be a satin or semi-gloss......a flat will absorb too much and will be difficult to glaze. Apply your base coat.....let dry over night. Apply your 50/50 mix of paint &glaze.......use 10% floetrol......trust me it will help maintain a wet edge.......glaze sets up quick. I use a 3" brush and apply the glaze/paint in a 2ft sq area.......I immediately start "ragging"with a clean lint free cotton cloth(t-shirt will do).What you are doing is a positive negitive approach.....your applying with the brush then dabbing off and making a pattern with the rag. The best way to attack this is get some scrap pieces of drywall and practice till your comfortable and you get your desired effect.