painting new house

Old 12-18-03, 06:12 AM
rebus20
Visiting Guest
Question painting new house

I am in the process of building a house. Were in the laying of the sheetrock phase now. I am planning on painting myself. I have limited experience, painting a kitchen here and a bathroom there. I painted my gameroom in our last house and always seem to find small pieces of lint in the paint from the roller. How do I avoid this. Ive always bought my supplies and paint at lowes but from what ive been reading here its sounds as if i dont need to use there paint. Is there any points or tips i need to know before i start on this project? I will probably start in about 2 weeks. The house is approxiamatly 1800 sf. Were also putting in crown mold so i wont have to paint right up to the cieling which im sure will make it a lot easier.Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-03, 06:36 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Best results come from good materials and tools. Buy top of the line roller pads and roller frames. PVA primer for the new sheetrock. Top of the line paints. If you think about it, the cost in painting is not the materials, it is the time: yours or the painter you hire. Why not aim high? Focus on the best results, not the lowest cost. The time invested is the same.

Hope this helps.

Old 12-18-03, 06:43 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
As for the lint in the paint:

Put the roller cover (nap) on the roller frame.
Get a piece of masking tape about 2' long.
Holding the roller between your legs, and holding the tape in both hands, run the tape back and forth over the nap for several passes.
This will pick up any loose hairs or fibers before you dip it in the paint.

Old 12-19-03, 07:55 PM
sharvel
Visiting Guest
A good cover is the key here! I've had much success with wooster covers........using the masking tape is a great trick but won't work on those darn $ 1.99 bargin 3 pks!