Sprayer?

Old 12-24-03, 09:00 AM
Kriztufer
Visiting Guest
Sprayer?

Has anyone rented one of those sprayers from Home Depot?

I'm looking for a quick and efficient way to get the ceiling in 7 rooms and 2 hallways painted and I was thinking about renting one this weekend.

Any opinions, tips, pointers, etc would be appreciated

Happy Holidays!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-03, 10:40 AM
mudder
Visiting Guest
If its a finnished house you'll have alot of masking and covering up to do, and alot of cleaning up afterwards cuz the masking and covering is never good enough.
You'll use alot more paint than if you roller and brushed it.
If its airless its a good machine, don't pull the trigger untill you've started your motion, hold gun pointed squarely at surface throughout the sweep and overlap each sweep.
Apply second coat at right angle to the first.

Old 12-25-03, 07:59 AM
sharvel
Visiting Guest
I use my airless primarily for shooting primer with interior.For my exterior I'll use it for aluminum siding and that's about it. For wooden siding you can't beat working the piant in with a brush. If your not really experienced running a gun I highly recommend having someone behind you back rolling! This will eliminate any drips& light/heavy spots. A good sprayer is key. Make sure you have the right size tip for the material your workinhg with.......another tip here is .....ask the rental place for a new tip! Common thing when renting these is they forget to replace the tips resulting in a poor fan (fingering). I don't think it's matter of them forgetting but a matter of them being cheap considering tips are 30.00 a piece.You'll also have to tinker with the units presure to insure a good fan pattern.Not trying to discourage you here but I've seen many make a mess with these.......and they will make a big mess without experience!!!

Old 12-25-03, 06:10 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
For me, ceilings are faster overall in an occupied house when rolled. By the time that you deal with masking and tarping, you could be finished rolling. I have my own spray rig, but would rather roll than spray in this situation.

If you want to do all the ceiling quickly and have someone else to do the brush work, you might consider a power paint roller. I found it quite handy for rolling lots of surface, but too much trouble for a single room.

Moreover, indoors is not such a hot place to learn to spray.