Painting Avocado Bathroom Fixtures

Old 01-19-04, 10:49 AM
Irene
Visiting Guest
Smile Painting Avocado Bathroom Fixtures

Hi Everyone

Yes I'm one of the lucky people that has that ugly avocado bathroom fixtures in my home. Cannot afford to replace. What about painting bathroom fixtures, i know you can buy the kits, but do they do a good job? Will they peel, chip, etc? Was thinking about decorating around them and also looking for ideas for that since in understand that the 70's decor is coming back.

Help me please

Old 01-19-04, 04:43 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
If you are meaning fixtures as the sink, toilet, and tub, I have never painted or refinished one. I'm not sure if I've seen the kits for them so I don't know if they would work.

I do know there are companys that specialize in re-doing tubs so I assume a sink and toilet could be done also.

If I was to try to paint it, the first place I'd look is at a paint store, and ask about industrial paints, like a 2-part epoxy or something similar.

Good luck. This won't be an easy project.

Old 01-19-04, 08:15 PM
Irene
Visiting Guest
Smile Painting Avocado Bathroom Fixtures

Thank you for responding.

Yes I do mean the tub, toilet and sink, and yes there are paint kits especially for those surfaces. However, i want to make sure that they don't peel or chip in anyway. The fixtures are in excellent condition albeit avocado green. This is something i'd just heard about and wanted some feedback on.

Old 01-20-04, 10:09 AM
Irene
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up Annette and Prowallguy

Thanks a lot, i must say you two a excellent at what you do, your response is quick and to the point. Two thumbs way up to both of you. Excellent advice and quick response.

Best Wishes and

Old 01-20-04, 04:50 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Thank you. Glad we could help.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: