Looking for paint

Old 02-08-04, 10:00 PM
Ashbam
Visiting Guest
Looking for paint

I am desperately looking for two products I heard about :

1. A tint that can be put into ceiling paint which fades as the paint dries -- I have a room with horrible lighting and I can't see where I've already painted even after bringing in extra lights. (I'm doing this after the kids have gone to bed in case anybody is wondering why I'm painting in the evening! :-)

2. A paint company that sells small packets of paint so you can test the paint color without having to buy full gallons.--I'm so tired of looking at paint chips and then finding the color doesn't work as well once it's actually on the wall. And then you have a gallon of paint you can't use.

Does anyone know where to find these products?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-04, 05:11 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ashbam,

Hello & welcome to the diy forums. I really don't have a clue on this one, but I'm not a painter. I'm going to move this post over to the Painting forum, I think you'll get some more knowledgable responses there. Good luck.

Old 02-09-04, 07:34 PM
P
The ceiling paint your asking about comes either with a pink or blue tint that fades out when dry. Can't remember the brand I'm thinking Glidden and Dutch Boy. I have seen it at Menards and Home Depot. I would imagine Lowes has it as well.

Old 02-09-04, 07:44 PM
P
Glidden EZ track ceiling paint is it. It goes on light pink

Old 02-09-04, 09:45 PM
Ashbam
Visiting Guest
Thanks!

Thanks so much for your help PBTroy! I've got my fingers crossed that someone will know about the paint co. with the samples. But 1 out of 2 ain't bad, especially with such a quick response. I wish I had found this forum sooner!

Old 02-09-04, 09:48 PM
P
No Problem ..Just keep checking back. The moderators are real good about answering questions

Old 02-10-04, 04:01 AM
B
Benjamin Moore paints

I think its Benjamin Moore paints that has the samples. Its either Ben Moore paints or the local Millers Bros chain that carries Moore paints.