Painting eave ceiling

Old 02-09-04, 01:50 PM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Painting eave ceiling

I'm repainting my bedroom. One wall has wallpaper. That wall is the eave wall....the actual wall part goes up about 4' and then the eave/ceiling starts coming in at an angle. I can't figure out whether to paint the eave part the same color as the ceiling or the wall. I'm going to paint the walls a dark color if that makes any difference. Anybody got any suggestions or experience? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-04, 02:50 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
no right or wrong answer

this is all a matter of personal preference and the end result you're wanting. so you can't make a mistake.

you say you're painting a dark color on the walls. if you paint that slanted ceiling part dark, you're going to create a darker, cozier room - which is great, if that's what you're wanting.

if you're wanting to keep it as light & airy as possible, and keep the ceiling looking as high & open as possible, then keep the slanted walls/ceiling light (not necessarily white, but a very pale color).

to downplay all the angles, you should treat all the surfaces the same. this would work if you were using a light to medium tone.
but in your situation, using such a dark color, that will really close everything in & it will be quite dark (probably not what you're wanting).

so i would just paint the 4-foot vertical surface (like you would treat wainscot) and leave the angled parts as "ceiling".