Painting Bathroom

Old 02-10-04, 02:56 PM
Suziqq
Visiting Guest
Question Painting Bathroom

I am in the process of painting the walls in my bathroom in the condo I bought 2 years ago. There is very poor ventilation in this room so I will be purchasing a new fan as well. My concern is the paint that the people used has drip marks from where the walls "sweat" from the warmth of the shower. The bathroom is a peach color and the drip marks is a lighter color than the peach. I definitely want to avoid this in the future. Why did this happen, did they use a cheap paint? Is there a better paint I can buy that is moisture resistant? Please help, I really hate painting so I want this to be a one time project at least for a while.

Thanks,

Suziqq

Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-04, 05:59 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The drip marks are probably from the steam collecting on the walls and running down. If you are upgrading on the fan, that should help the problem. Cheap paint might discolor sooner, but I've seen good paint do this too if the ventilation is poor.

Try a good semi-gloss paint with some mildewcide added for good measure. Sherwin Williams and Benjamin Moore both make paints designed specifically for kitchens and baths.