How Much To Charge??

Old 02-14-04, 12:22 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How Much To Charge??

Hello all,

I'm hoping someone who is in the painting business can provide me with some information. I have a friend who wants me to do some work in his home (light carpentry) and painting. I'm not a professional painter but he really liked the painting I did in my house and asked if I would consider doing some rooms in his house. So, I'm trying to figure out how to go about estimating what to charge. Can anyone give me a ballpark idea as to how much pro's charge per square foot? Any help would be appreciated. I'm only looking for labor figures because all materials will be supplied.

Thanks

bubba

Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-04, 01:53 PM
Sysco_Kid
Visiting Guest
Things to consider, Are you doing it to make money or help a friend? What's your time worth? How good of a friend? Are you going to need his help one day?

Old 02-14-04, 02:01 PM
SyscoKid is right. It will be much different if its a business compared to someone just doing it on the side for cash.

A pro's ballpark figure>> I get $300 per day per man on site.
I would completely bore you with my formulas as to how we arrive at our costs. You must remember I have to pay taxes, insurance, overhead, and profit with these costs.

I would figure what you want per hour and charge that way.

Old 02-15-04, 11:22 AM
B
Thanks for the replies. Well, this is not a "close friend" and I while I dont want to bang him on the price I sure dont want to cheat myself either. Guess I'll just try to get a sense of how long I think it will take me and charge accordingly.

thanks again

bubba