Painting after texuring

Old 02-23-04, 10:38 AM
wcarter
Visiting Guest
Question Painting after texuring

I have just finished texuring my basement ceiling and walls after a coat of primer. How long do I need to wait until I apply a 2nd coat of primer. What if a coat is applied within 12 hours of sprying on a light orange peel texture. It appeared dry but I wonder?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-04, 03:17 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Let it sit at least 24 hours, especially in a basement, where it can be more humid than other areas. Better safe than sorry.

Old 02-23-04, 10:52 PM
At least 24 hrs, could be more in a basement, open a couple of windows just a bit to get some air flow thru there during the day if the temp is decent, say at least 50 degrees, but whatever you do don't let it get too cold be for it fully dries!

Oops, sorry Prowall, didn't mean to step on your toes, browser is tweekin on me tonight, or could be the TYlenol-III's kickin in, stood up 75sheets of 5/8"x10' today on new strip mall, like Mick & the boys said, What a drag it is getting old! 20 something help didn't show up on Monday,.......again.....surprise! , these kids just can't handle their partying I keep tellin 'em to skip the soda, that's what causes the hang-over

Old 02-24-04, 08:33 AM
I got big toes, I didn't even notice.

could be the TYlenol-III's kickin in,
Too weak, percocets for me ty.

20 something help didn't show up on Monday,.......again.....surprise! , these kids just can't handle their partying I keep tellin 'em to skip the soda, that's what causes the hang-over
Ain't that the truth. These kids don't pay bills living with mama, I see it all the time. Most of my employees are family members, so I can slap them when they get stupid.

Old 02-24-04, 10:42 PM
Prowall,

I hear ya, seems most kids, some of mine included just want a paycheck, work shouldn't really be involved, & especially not if it's cutting into their social life!

Now working with family, now that's a whole different can of worms, I've seen it work great with some, but me personally, well let's just say I've had medicore to poor results alot of the time.

Too weak, percocets for me ty
I've been know to self-medicate, my own special blend

Old 02-25-04, 06:51 AM
Now working with family, now that's a whole different can of worms, I've seen it work great with some, but me personally, well let's just say I've had medicore to poor results alot of the time.
I usually get the younger family members, fresh out of highschool, cousins, nephews, etc., starting with part-time help, some stay on full time. After working with me, then going somewhere else, they realize that I'm a real nice guy to work for. They also fully comprehend that they are responsible for their own actions and learn the value of a dollar. You could say that I'm my own family's boot camp.