Brush marks in Paint

Old 02-23-04, 01:44 PM
wrights
Visiting Guest
Brush marks in Paint

I just put in a new bathroom in my basement (part of a bigger basement finishing project.) I painted the bath a semi-gloss light brown. Had to have the corner shower surround torn out and replaced leading to an 8 inch swath of new drywall / mud around the entire shower enclosure. Repainted the repaired drywall (completely covered in mud) with 1st coat done with a brush and the 2nd coat done with a roller. Now only the brush strokes show and it's very obvious where the original paint was applied with a roller and this new 8 inch "border" was painted with what looks like a brush only. Have done 4 coats of paint with a roller and the brush marks can not be hidden. What did I do wrong and how can I fix it???

Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-04, 03:21 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How to fix is going to be a tough one. Any paint with a sheen level is hard to touch up, usually the whole adjoining wall needs to be recoated. You can try sanding down the brush strokes, but its highly unlikely you will be able to remove them. I'd sand the whole wall, and recoat using a 3/4" nap, or one larger than used before. This might make it appear more uniform.

Good luck.