Tape Between Ceiling and Wall?

Old 03-02-04, 12:51 PM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Tape Between Ceiling and Wall?

I'm painting a room with a vaulted ceiling. The ceiling has already been painted. I'm using a Benjamin-Moore semi-gloss latex.

My question is, when painting the walls, is it advisable to mask off the edge of the ceiling where the wall and ceiling meet at a greater than a 90 degree angle to insure that I get a nice clean line between the different colors of the wall and the ceiling? What about masking the ceiling in a room where the wall meets the
ceiling at a normal 90 degree angle?

My concern is that removal of the tape will leave a visible seam. However, I'm not too sure of my skills (or patience) in trying to cut in between the wall and ceiling with a brush.

Please advise.

Thanks,

David

Old 03-02-04, 05:02 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
I generally don't advise to use tape anywhere when cutting in with a brush. If its a tight spot with a funny angle, use a smaller, angled brush. Dip the brush in paint, tap off the excess, and touch it to the wall 1"-2" below the ceiling. Then work your way up to the ceiling. Don't try to put the brush right on the line fully loaded with paint. work your way up to it. Do several light coats if that helps.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: