Painting over 70's porous odd panels?

Old 03-02-04, 05:44 PM
smalltown_gurl
Visiting Guest
Painting over 70's porous odd panels?

Hello,

We have a ranch style home that was built in 1972, most bedrooms have thin wood panels, which we can easily paint over. However, in the bathroom we have a sort of paneling I havent really ever seen before, it is a pale greenish color and appears to be quite thick ( can see the width in some edges where the panels are next to each other), it has little randome sized holes all through it, ( the holes do not go all the way thru) I think this was supposed to be decrative, but it looks sort of like a sponge ( just so you get an idea of what Im talking about) Can this weird stuff be painted over? Or do we have to install drywall. And if we can prime/paint it, what to do about the few panels that the edges appear to be pushed farther out than the others? Thanks for any input you may have.

Megan

Old 03-03-04, 09:16 AM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
I would try to nail down the loose panels, or if they can be pulled away from the wall a smidge, shoot some liquid nail behind them.
I'm pretty sure these could be painted. Scuff sand the surface, prime then paint.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: